OPERATIONS AND TECHNICAL OFFICER – NORTHERN NIGERIA
ColdHubs Limited, is a social enterprise that designs, assembles, installs and commissions 100% solar powered walk-in cold rooms in marketplaces and farm clusters, for smallholder farmers, retailers and wholesalers to store and preserve fruits, vegetables and other perishable food 24/7 and extend their shelf life from 2 days to 21 days. ColdHubs aims to eliminate the impact of food spoilage facing 470 million smallholder farmers globally due to lack of reliable and well situated cold storage.
Our solar powered walk-in cold rooms branded as – ColdHubs; are specially designed to eliminate losses of fruits, vegetables and other perishable food due to lack of reliable cold storage completely and increases the income of farmers and retailers because, previous losses have been eliminated.
We seek to hire a full time OPERATIONS AND TECHNICAL OFFICER to oversee our business and technical operations in the North of Nigeria.
The selected candidate will oversee administration, financial management and daily office
• Supports the management of ColdHubs operations in the North of Nigeria.
• Supports ColdHubs technical works in the North of Nigeria.
• Reports/works directly with the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and the Chief
Technical Officer (CTO).
• Solid knowledge of organizational procedures.
• Regular travels within the North of Nigeria.
• Extremely detailed, with good thought process in administration, management,
accounting, use of office support software.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-motivated and trustworthy.
• Fluent in Hausa Language; any other local language, an added advantage.
• Supports the daily management of ColdHubs operations in the North.
• Supports the recruitment and training of ColdHub Operators in each site.
• Supports the recruitment and training of security men in each site.
• Supports the education of farmers, retailers and wholesalers on post harvest
management in each site.
• Quickly responds to any business operations related issue, which may arise in each
• Supports the technical team to install and commission ColdHubs; solar powered
walk-in cold rooms.
• Quickly responds to any technical issue or emergency which may arise within each
• Undertake missions to field sites to review operations and technical arrangements,
and make appropriate recommendations as required.
• Education: University Degree in Public or Business Administration, Management,
Engineering or related field.
• Job experience: 2 years of relevant experience.
• Languages: Excellent knowledge of English and Hausa Languages.
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Attention to Detail.
• Excellent organizational skills, as performance monitoring will be done every
• Excellent computer skills.
All interested individuals should submit a one page Letter of Motivation and a very well
detailed CV to – firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com not later than
Friday 23rd August, 2019.